Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Message from Maureen

Happy New Year, Ladies!

I can't think of anything more appropriate than wishing you all fun golf with favorite friends in 2011. If the rain stays away for a few weeks, we should be able to get in a few rounds before February!

We have a busy year ahead and one in which we will all miss our dear Gaye. I was cleaning off my desk this morning and found something I had saved. I think these words are very meaningful and I think she would like them.

The Little Ship


"I stood watching as the little ship sailed out to sea. The setting sun tinted his white sails with a golden light, and as he disappeared from sight a voice at my side whispered "She is gone."


But the sea was a narrow one. On the farther shore a little band of friends had gathered to watch and wait in happy expectation.


Suddenly they caught sight of the tiny sail and at the very moment when my companion had whispered "She is gone" a glad shout went up in joyous welcome. "Here she comes!"

I'll see you out there .... Maureen

No comments: